Top 10 Tips for Finding the Right Patio Furniture
If you’re the kind of person who loves being outside and really enjoys your backyard, then your outdoor furniture is just as important as your indoor furniture. You might even spend more time and money beautifying your outdoor space. If you’re a novice outdoor decorator, though, you might be struggling with choosing the right patio furniture. So, how do you find the best patio furniture to enhance your outdoor living and add to the aesthetic?
How to Choose and Place the Perfect Patio Furniture
- Make a list — Before buying any patio furniture, create a list highlighting what you want and how much space you have to work with, which will help you better choose the right pieces.
- Determine the material — It is important to decide whether you want patio furniture made of oak, teak, plastic, wicker, etc., as patio furniture comes in various styles and finishes.
- Decide on a conversational set or dining furniture — If you want to use your outdoor space for dining, ask yourself, “How often do I intend to dine and what kind of food do I want to serve?” This will affect your patio furniture decision. Or, maybe you prefer to just lounge around, in which case your patio furniture needs will differ.
- Consider lightweight patio furniture — Teak furniture, for example, is not only traditional and very popular for outdoor use, but is lightweight, at least compared to oak. Wicker and plastic patio furniture is also lightweight. It should be easy to move.
- Choose comfort — If you’re going to be spending a lot of time outside, your patio furniture needs to be comfortable. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose. Patio furniture should have comfortable cushions for sitting. If your patio furniture set will include a sofa, you should go the extra yard and get a pull-out.
- Ensure it’s weather-resistant — Your patio furniture lives outside, so needs to stand up to inclement weather. This means withstanding wind, rain, snow, sun and, if you live by the ocean, salt spray.
- Ensure it is easy to maintain — Your patio furniture should be easy to clean and easy to fix. Look for patio furniture that can be cleaned with a simple damp cloth or a hose.
- Consider safety — Your patio furniture should be sturdy enough to ensure safety. You don’t want cheap furniture that will break, and possibly injure you, a member of your family or a guest.
- Look for longevity — Patio furniture should be durable and able to go the distance. Choose a brand that is synonymous with longevity.
- Do your research — The Internet is a perfect place to comparison shop. Find the best quality and price, and read the reviews.
Patio furniture is a great investment, and can even outlast indoor furniture. Take your time when choosing the set you want — utilize the Internet, visit various stores that sell patio furniture and browse catalogues that include pictures and details of each piece of patio furniture. Pick patio furniture that best suits your outdoor needs and make sure it is comfortable and long-lasting. It should also seamlessly blend with the ambiance of your outdoor space and garden.