Water Damage Rockville
Most people think of water damage occurring due to heavy rains that cause flooding or faulty roofs that allow water to leak inside during a storm, but the truth is that it can happen at any time, for multiple reasons.
A huge issue that homeowners living in Rockville have to deal with is the frost. It usually lasts for about six months a year, and is then followed by subtropical humidity. This can mean big trouble for people who unknowingly had frozen pipes during those winter months. When the pipes thaw, and the water starts flowing, this can mean spraying water which can create a ton of water damage.
In order to prevent this from happening, the water damage Rockville team at 911 Restoration Washington D.C. is equipped with the most advanced water removal technology. Their IICRC certification makes them exceptionally qualified to make your home a moisture-free zone.
With over 35 years of experience backing them, the water damage Rockville pros are licensed, bonded and insured in order to protect the customer and ensure that they are getting the best service available. We offer free water damage estimates, prompting the homeowner to give our water damage Rockville agents a call even if they are not sure if restoration work is needed.
Protect Your Home from Pipe Bursts
The water damage Rockville experts know how important it is to get to a flooding situation quickly. This is why 911 Restoration Washington D.C. is opened 24/7/365, ready and waiting to dispatch their water damage Rockville crew to your property within 45 minutes of your call.
In order to prevent this situation from happening in the first place, there are steps you can take to ward off disaster, especially when it comes to frozen pipes. The water damage Rockville technicians have some tips that every homeowner can implement in order to keep their pipes from freezing during the cold season.
- Insulate hot and cold water pipes in crawlspaces, in the basement, attic and walls. Use snap on foam insulation that fits tightly, leaving no gaps. Reinforce with duct tape and miter foam to be absolutely sure there are no open spaces exposing the pipes
- If you know of pipes that are prone to freezing, then make sure to wrap them in UL approved heat tape. The tape should have a built-in thermostat that prevents overheating. It is important to install this correctly to avoid causing a fire hazard.
- Turn off your sprinkler system and blow compressed air through the irrigation lines to remove all water from the system.
- Drip small amounts of water from both your hot and cold water faucets in the kitchen, bathroom and outdoor pipes. This constant circulation of water keeps a flow going through the pipes and relieves water pressure so they are less to prone to bursting.
- Set your washing machine on warm and run the fill cycle periodically throughout the day for a few minutes. This will allow warm water to run through the pipes, preventing them from freezing up.
You Are Our First Priority in a Water Damage Situation
911 Restoration Washington D.C. owners Adam Levy and Robert Knox want their customers to know that their water damage Rockville operatives put customers first, no matter what.
Making sure homeowners feel comforted and cared for are our main priority. This includes taking care of all the loose ends, including insurance. The water damage Rockville staff will communicate with the insurance company for you, doing all they can to get you the best coverage possible.
Adam and Robert want nothing more but to give customers excellent service. Please, call us today, so we can get started on revamping your home and giving you a fresh start.